At Deveraux Apartment Communities we are proud to offer residents free exclusive access to onsite fitness centres. Saskatchewan and Manitoba has announced that gyms, such as ours can be open without staffing restrictions as long as we have an online booking system in place. Saying that, we are excited to have launched our online booking calendar for the fitness centres for all residents to use. Our commitment has remained unchanged through this crisis; the safety, health and well-being of all residents is our greatest priority.
Rules and Regulations:
- All Deveraux Apartment Communities fitness centres in Winnipeg are closed at this time.
- Masks - Residents must wear a mask while exercising in the fitness centre.
- Capacity - To ensure appropriate physical distancing we have set a maximum capacity for each common space. For the gyms the respective capacities are:
- 5 people at: The Apex at Acre 21, Harbour View Estates, Sky Harbour Estates, Sterling Manor, and the Residences at Grasslands.
- Hours of Operation – Monday through Sunday, 5:00am to 11:00pm.
- Time Restrictions – To ensure that all residents are able to use the gym, we are restricting usage to 1-hour blocks of time, on the hour. Access will be granted at the top of the hour (i.e. 8am), with residents needing to vacate the gym 50 minutes later (i.e. 8:50am), allowing 10 minutes for cleaning and ensuring there is no overlap or over capacity.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting - Residents will be expected to clean/disinfect all equipment before and after each use with the provided cleaning supplies. Deveraux cleaning staff will also be doing periodic cleaning throughout the day.
- Online Screening Tool – Residents are expected to do a self-screening relative to illness or potential exposure to COVID-19 before entering the fitness centre. Should a resident complete the screening and it be recommended that you should self-isolate or get tested, please do not visit any of the common amenity spaces on site.
- Other Guidelines – Residents are to follow all posted guidelines on-site, including those referencing physical distancing, hand hygiene, etc... Access and enjoyment of the facility are contingent upon all residents following the expectations of use. The fitness facility is for resident use only – no guests are permitted at this time.